Esbit Solid Fuel.
Made To Survive.
Product information about Esbit solid fuel
- Esbit solid fuel is made from a special mixture of methenamine (initially a colourless crystalline powder) and wax, compressed at high pressure into tablet form.
- Ignites with a match or lighter; very high calorific value: 28,400 kJ/kg
- Extremely light, available in sizes of 4 to 30 g, depending on requirements and area of use
- Depending on the tablet size, the burning time is around 5 to 15 minutes. Example of cooking performance: 0.5 litres of water boils in 5 minutes (tested with 1 x 27 g tablet in a pocket stove with wind screen Art. 002 227 00 with stainless steel pot Art. PT1000ST)
- Esbit also burns reliably in bad weather conditions, at higher altitudes and at both plus and minus temperatures (°C)
- Compact and safe to handle, non-explosive
- No sparks or crumbling of the tablet during burning
- Non-toxic, burns cleanly without developing smoke and leaves hardly any ash residue in the stove due to the high cleanliness level
- Can be packed with foods (e.g. as part of ration packs)
- Tablets can be divided
- Because they are packed in blister packs, the tablets are easy to handle, lightweight, and take up very little space in transport. Also available in a practical, high-barrier tubular bag film.
- Esbit solid fuel tablets are thus safely protected against the effects of the environment, oxygen in the air and moisture and will keep for many years.
- NATO Stock Number (NSN) : 9110-12-121-3697
- Safety Data Sheet (according to Regulation (EC) no. 1907/2006, Appendix II) available in several languages on request
- UN no. : 1328 ; CAS No. : 100-97-0
- Class/packaging group (PG): 4.1 / III
Good reasons to choose Esbit
- Developed and produced in Germany (factory certified under ISO 9001: 2015)
- Delivery worldwide by road, sea and air possible
- Reliable delivery on time
- High customer satisfaction, customer loyalty over many years
*approx. time, depending on stove and ambient conditions
Time needed to heat or bring to the boil 0.25-0.5 litres, for example*
*approx. time, depending on stove, cooking equipment and ambient conditions